Bratislava – May 29.-30., 2019
Mineralogical Society of Slovakia
Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Ilkovičova 6, 842 15 Bratislava
Presentation Centre of J. A. Komenský (AMOS) B1 313
Prof. Dr. Marián Putiš, Comenius Univ., Dept. of Mineralogy and Petrology, Bratislava
Dr. Ján Madarás, Earth Science Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Dr. Branislav Žec, State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, Bratislava
Dr. Igor Broska, Earth Science Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Prof. Dr. Ján Spišiak, Matej Bel Univ., Faculty of Natural Sciences, Banská Bystrica
Prof. Dr. Pavel Uher, Comenius Univ., Dept. of Mineralogy and Petrology, Bratislava
Dr. Jana Fridrichová (jana.fridrichovauniba.sk)
Prof. Dr. Marián Putiš (marian.putisuniba.sk)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Peter Bačík (peter.bacikuniba.sk)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Martin Ondrejka (martin.ondrejkauniba.sk)
Dr. Daniel Ozdín (daniel.ozdinuniba.sk)
Dr. Peter Ružička (peter.ruzickauniba.sk)
Dr. Katarína Šarinová (katarina.sarinovauniba.sk)
Dr. Ondrej Nemec (nemec15uniba.sk)
Conference costs (according to payment items in Registration Form):
Conference fee: 50 Є (regular) or 25 Є (Bc., MSc. and PhD. students)
Conference excursion (Tatricum of Malé Karpaty Mts., 30.5.): 30 Є
Post-conference Field trip (Veporicum, Gemericum, Meliaticum, 31.5.-2.6.): 200 Є
(transport, accommodation with supper and breakfast; lunch not included)
Payment deadline: April 30, 2019:
Bank: Tatra banka, a.s.
Account name: Slovenská mineralogická spoločnosť (Slovak Mineralogical Society)
Account No. (IBAN): SK8511000000002927868314
Payment from abroad: BIC (SWIFT): TATRSKBX
Put the name(s) of participant(s) paid for
Registration Form and Abstract Book contribution submission deadline: April 10, 2019
- Abstract Book hardcopy or pdf will be available for all participants
- Transportation in Bratislava: trams no. 4, 5, 6, 9 – Karlova Ves or Dúbravka direction, Botanic garden stop; bus no. 29 – Devín direction, bus no. 32 – Dlhé Diely direction.
- Accommodation reservation – individually by participants. Recommended Hotel Druzba (30.-Eur for a single room, 48 Eur for a double room, with standard equipment; hotel restaurant open from 7:00 to 22:00.) in walking distance from the Faculty of Natural Sciences. www.hoteldruzba.sk
- Lunch (not included in fees): recommended faculty canteen or near restaurants
- Actual information including templates are available at: https://fns.uniba.sk/kmp/ in session „vedecké konferencie“ (scientific conferences)
- Contact for further information: Jana Fridrichová (tel.: +421-2-60296 294; e-mail: jana.fridrichovauniba.sk ; Marián Putiš (tel.: +421-2-60296 609; mobile: +421-918596832; e-mail: marian.putisuniba.sk)
The main topic of the 9th Petros Conference (2-year conference since 2003): „Riftogeneous processes in continental and oceanic crust“ (with invited speakers).
- Any further contribution to mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, geochronology, economic and applied mineralogy and petrology, are welcome.
- Conference language: English (exceptionally Slovak, Czech, for students-beginners, with English accompanying text titles on figures).
- Conference book: 1 page Abstract or a short 2-4 page Contribution, preferred in English. Templates are available in section below. Restricted number of coloured photos is allowed.
- Chosen contributions can be recommended for publication in currented journal Geologica Carpathica or SCOPUS-registered Acta Geologica Slovaca and Mineralia Slovaca journals.
- Posters: 90 cm x 90 cm.
2nd Circular with Conference Programme will be distributed in May 10 to e-mail addresses of registered participants.
Registration form and abstract templates for download:
May 29, Wednesday, 8:00-8:45 a.m. Registration of participants, 8:45-9:00 Conference opening and welcome, 9:00-18:00 Oral and poster presentations, with coffee breaks and a lunch break; 18:00 Free discussion party.
May 30, Thursday, 8:30-11:30 Morning session, and Conference closing; 13:00 Departure from Družba hotel parking place to Afternoon excursion to Malé Karpaty Mts. near Bratislava: Palaeotethys Middle to Late Devonian N-MORB and black shales bearing ophiolite complex intruded by Early Carboniferous I-type tonalites; Variscan vs. Alpine structures; return to Bratislava at ca. 19:00 (excursion mainly for colleagues from abroad; ca. 30 Eur/person, with a wine stop); Guides: M. Putiš, P. Uher (Comenius Uni.)
Post-conference Field trip (preferably for colleagues from abroad): transportation costs 100.-Eur/person; limited number of participants (15).
Guides: M. Putiš (Comenius Uni.), I. Broska (Eart. Sci. Inst. of Slov. Acad. of Sci.) Z. Németh (State Geol. Institute of D.Š.)
May 31, Friday, 8:00 a.m., Departure from Bratislava Družba hotel parking place to Brezno and Upper Hron River Valley (ca. 300 km)
Middle Slovakia, W. Carpathian Vepor Mts., near Filipovo, Beňuš, Závadka n./H. villages): Neoproterozoic gneisses; Prototethys active margin Cambrian-Ordovician complex (Variscan layered amphibolites to eclogites, orthogneisses, peridotites); Permian micro-granites, trachytes and calc-alkaline volcanics; Apine tectono-metamorphic overprint; Hotel Heľpa in Heľpa village (supper, accommodation and breakfast) 50 Eur.
June 1, Saturday, 8:00 a.m., Departure from Heľpa to Dobšiná town – Hnilec-Šajby – Gemerská Poloma – Betliar (ca. 100 km)
East Slovakia, Gemer Mts., Dobšiná town, Dobšiná quarry: Neotethys Meliatic mélange complex with E-MORB blueschists, perovskite+andradite-bearing serpentinized and rodingitized harzburgites, marbles in Upper Jurassic flysch; Hnilec village - Šajby: Ordovician E-MORB basic volcanics (meta-gabbro porphyrites, meta-pillows, mylonites, mélange) in Variscan structure; Betliar village: Permian tourmaline-bearing granite porphyry near village; Pension near Betliar castle (supper, accommodation and breakfast) 50 Eur.
June 2, Sunday, 8:00 a.m., Departure from Betliar to Spišská Nová Ves – Jaklovce – Vyšný Klátov near Košice town (ca. 80 km); Early afternoon departure from Košice to Bratislava/Vienna (ca. 450/500 km)
East Slovakia, Jaklovce village: Neotethys mid-Triassic N-MORB and radiolarites, pillow facies breccias; Vyšný Klátov quarry near Košice: Palaeotethys Early to Middle Devonian N-MORB-type layered gabbro-amphibolites associated with serpentinites, Amp-Bt-Pl-Qz metaclastics (gneisses) and talc schists in Variscan structure.